SCORCHED AUBERGINE SALAD
Another Salad to add to the list – delicious !!!
- 2 Aubergines
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 large handful of Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 small handful of Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
You need to scorch the Aubergines until the skin is black and the flesh inside is soft. I did mine on a BBQ, but you can also do it successfully under the grill. You do need the skin to be black, as this is what gives the Aubergine Salad its smoky flavour.
When cool enough to handle, peel off the black skin and finely chop the Aubergine flesh and put it into a large bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine them.
So simple and so tasty.
Recipe is from the book, Falafel for Breakfast!!!