CAULIFLOWER, TAHINI AND ZHOUG SALAD
Another vegetarian salad as part of our Moroccan Vegetarian Feast !!!
This recipe uses Green Zhoug (recipe below) which is a green chilli paste. You can add this to lots of things to add a bit of a kick. It lasts a few weeks in the fridge.
- 1 large Organic Cauliflower, cut into Florets
- Sea Salt
- 50g Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large handful of Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cumin Seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2 tablespoons Green Zhoug
Place the Cauliflower florets into a large bowl and sprinkle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, tossing the Cauliflower so that each piece has some oil on it.
Place in a preheated oven 180 degrees and roast the Cauliflower until it is nicely brown on all sides, turning the pieces over during the cooking time. Mine took around 25 minutes, turned the Cauliflower and then another 20 minutes.
Put the Tahini, Lemon Juice and 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a jar and shake until it is nicely combined.
Place the cooked Cauliflower into a salad bowl, season with some Sea Salt and spoon the dressing over it. Scatter over the toasted and crushed Cumin Seeds and the prepared Zhoug. Scatter over the Coriander Leaves.
- 15 large Green Chillies, chopped
- 10 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1 large handful of Coriander, leaves and stems chopped
- 1 large handful of Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 250 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Put the Chillies, Garlic, Coriander and Parsley into a food processor and blend to a paste. Add the Olive Oil and whizz again to combine. Transfer to a sterilised jar and store in the fridge.
This recipe is from the cookbook, Falafel for Breakfast.