BBQ CHICKEN THIGH PARCELS WITH SALSA
An easy mid week dinner of Chicken Thighs served in Iceberg Lettuce Cups with Pineapple and Mango Salsa. YUM!!
My husband made this dinner which made it even tastier with not having to cook!!!
First, in the morning make your marinade by mixing everything together and let the Chicken Thighs sit in it (in the fridge) for the day.
(We used Organic Chicken Thighs on the bone and with the skin on as when BBQing I think Chicken on the bone remains more succulent.)
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 cup Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup Chilli Sauce (such as Sriracha – not sweet chilli sauce)
- 1/4 cup Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 1 Pineapple – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Mango – peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Red Onion – finely diced
- 1 bunch Spring Onions – finely diced
- 1 bunch Coriander – chopped
- 1 Red Chilli – very finely diced
- 1 sprinkle of Chilli Flakes – to taste
- Juice of 1 Lime
Mix all ingredients together and let the flavours blend.
Now you just need to cook the Chicken Thighs on the BBQ (or you could cook them in the oven for approx 1 hour) and serve them with Iceberg Lettuce which has been broken up into “cups”.
Serve the Chicken Thighs covered with Salsa in the Lettuce Cup – Delicious.