FRIDAY NIGHT CAULIFLOWER PIZZA
Wheat is not my friend at all, so I try to stay off it, but sometimes you just want a pizza !!! So I made this Cauliflower Pizza base and it was really delicious. Also a great way to get some cruciferous vegetables into you – one cauliflower made one pizza!!!
- 1 small to medium Cauliflower
- 2 Egg Yolks (or one egg if you don’t have an issue with egg white)
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 35g grated Goats Gouda Cheese (I used Goats Gouda but you can use Parmesan if you are not vegetarian)
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Finely grated zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 crushed clove of Garlic
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
Firstly, blitz your Cauliflower until it looks like grains of rice. Do it in pulses, so you don’t end up with mush !!
Steam the Cauliflower Rice for 5 minutes. Leave to cool, then put into a clean tea towel and twist to squeeze out all the extra moisture. This is important, as otherwise your base will be sloppy.
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Combine the Cauliflower Rice, Egg, Ground Almonds, Cheese, Cayenne Pepper, Lemon Zest, Garlic, Oregano and Salt and Pepper until well mixed together.
Press mixture out onto a baking tray so it looks like a pizza base and cook for 35 minutes until firm and golden. Depending on your oven you might need slightly more or less time.
Add topping of your choice and return the Pizza to the oven for 5 – 10 minutes, again it depends on what your topping is.
I used homemade Tomato Sauce, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, both grated and buffalo, Chilli Flakes.
Once cooked I topped it with some chopped Basil. Delicious !!!