BROWN RICE AND PUMPKIN SALAD
Made this tasty salad to have with dinner last night. The Miso and Sesame Oil dressing gives it a delicious flavour.
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 Butternut Squash, peeled and Chopped into roughly 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 250g Broccoli or Broccolini
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds – toasted in a dry fry pan
- 200g Pomegranate Seeds
- Pinch Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 teaspoons finely grated Lemon Rind
- juice of 1 Lemon
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
Toss the Pumpkin in the Olive Oil, sprinkle with Salt and Ground Black Pepper and then put on a roasting tray and roast the Pumpkin until it is cooked and nicely browned around the edges. It will take between 45 to 60 minutes.
Cook the Brown Rice.
Steam the Broccoli until just cooked (I like mine to still have a bit of crunch).
Combine the Pumpkin, Brown Rice and Broccoli once they are all cooked.
Add the Dressing and toss thoroughly.
Add the the Sesame Seeds and the Pomegranate Seeds to the salad, toss again and sprinkle the top with the chopped Coriander Leaves.
Whisk the Honey, Sesame Oil and Miso together until it is nice and smooth. Add the Lemon Juice and whisk again.