SUMMERY DUCK A LA ORANGE
My Summery version of Duck A La Orange! A lovely fresh salad with orange segments and orange juice in the dressing served with a melt in your mouth Confit of Duck Leg !!
- Salad Leaves
- Spring Onions – finely sliced
- 2 Oranges – Segmented and the juice squeezed out for the dressing
- 1/2 Large Pomegranate (or 1 small one)
- Coriander Leaves
- Packet of Confit Duck Legs (1 per person)
Place all the salad ingredients into a large bowl
Cook the Duck as per the packet instructions, it generally takes about 20 minutes.
- Orange juice left over from the segmented Orange
- Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic crushed – I used my fermented garlic and some of the liquid for the dressing, but you could use a small splash of soy sauce)
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Mix all the above ingredients together and taste. Adjust as necessary for your taste.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Place some salad on each plate and top with the crispy Duck Leg.