QUICK AND EASY FRIED BROWN RICE WITH PRAWNS AND SALMON
If you are looking for a very quick and easy dinner this Fried Brown Rice is perfect. It is also a great way to get fussy eaters to eat a variety of vegetables and fish. I find that most children like Fried Rice and don’t realise they are eating lots of veges. The Salmon and Prawns are tucked in there, so they also get eaten without any hassle. If you left them out it would be an excellent Vegetarian/Vegan dish. This also makes an excellent packed lunch the next day for school or work. For lunch it can be eaten hot or cold and is very tasty.
- Cold cooked Brown Rice
- 2 small onions – finely diced
- 1 knob of Ginger – grated
- 3 cloves of Garlic – crushed
- 3 sticks of Celery – finely sliced
- 2 Red Peppers – chopped
- 2 Carrots – peeled and chopped
- 1 Pineapple – peeled and chopped
- 2 Red Chillies
- 1 bunch Tenderstem Broccoli – stems chopped and heads left whole
- 2 packets of Prawns in Garlic and Parsley (I used M and S packets)
- 2 Organic Salmon Fillets
- 4 tablespoons of Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
Heat the Grill and when it is nice and hot grill the Salmon fillets until nicely brown on top. Put aside.
In a large wok or deep sided frypan, heat the Coconut Oil.
Add the Onion and cook until it is transparent. Add the Garlic, Red Chillies and Ginger and stir around.
Add the Peppers, Celery, Carrots and Broccoli and stir fry for a few minutes – the Broccoli will turn a lovely bright green.
Add the chopped Pineapple and stir fry.
Add the cooked Rice and stir fry – at this point I turned the heat up a little bit to fry the rice.
Add the Sweet Chilli Sauce and the Tamari and stir around.
Add the Prawns (and the garlic and parsley juices in the packet) and mix through.
Add the flaked Salmon and mix through.
Leave on the heat for a few minutes until the prawns are heated through, but don’t over cook as they are already cooked and they will go rubbery.
Serve and Enjoy!!!