CHIPOTLE FISH AND CAULIFLOWER TACOS
We love Tacos in this house and I am always trying new recipes and combinations.
This recipe was originally for chicken, but as I have a pescatarian in the house I wanted to just make one dinner for everyone, so I swapped the chicken for Monkfish.
I made the Pickled Onions earlier in the day, so they were ready to use for dinner. Recipe to follow in next post!!
- 1 can Chipotle Chillies in Adobo Sauce – chillies drained and finely chopped – keep the sauce though!
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500 g Monkfish fillets – sliced into largish pieces
- 1 head of Cauliflower – broken up into florets
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Corn Tortillas – prepared as you usually would
- finely sliced red cabbage for serving
- Coriander leaves for serving
- Pickled Red Onions for serving
- Lime Dressing for serving ( plain coconut yoghurt mixed with lime juice and salt and pepper )
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Line 2 oven trays with non stick baking paper.
Place the chopped Chillies and Adobo Sauce in a large bowl. Add the Maple Syrup, Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and mix to combine.
Place the Monkfish in a separate bowl and top with half the Chipotle mixture. Coat well.
Add the Cauliflower to the remaining sauce again coat well.
Transfer the Cauliflower and Monkfish to the lined baking trays and sprinkle with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Roast the Cauliflower in the hot oven for 20 minutes and then take out and turn pieces over and put back in the oven for 10 minutes or until the Cauliflower pieces are getting nicely charred.
Add the Monkfish to the oven for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Fill the warm Tortillas with Monkfish, Cauliflower, Red Cabbage, Coriander, Lime Dressing and Pickled Onions.
This recipe is based on Donna Hay’s WeekLight cookbook.