BEAN CHILLI FOR MEATLESS MONDAY NIGHT TACOS
I made a delicious Smokey Bean Chilli for dinner last night and served it in crispy Taco shells. It was tasty, and very quick to prepare.
- 1 carton organic Kidney Beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 tins organice Pinto Beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 tins organic Black Beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 onions – diced
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped finely
- 1 Red Chilli – chopped seeds and all
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Chipotle Chilli Flakes
- 1 small glass of White Wine
- 2 packets of Organic Passata
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Firstly, put the Olive Oil into a large deep sided frypan and warm.
Add the Onion, Garlic and Red Chilli and saute.
Once the Onion is translucent, add the Oregano and Chipotle Chilli Flakes and stir around for a few minutes.
Add the Passata and White Wine to the pan, and thoroughly mix through. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes.
Add the Beans and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Serve the Beans with a selection of condiments and Crispy Taco Shells. We had Guacamole, Salsa, Grated Cheese, Sliced Lettuce, Creme Fraiche, Fried Peppers with Red Onion.
Leave out the Cheese and Creme Fraiche and it is a healthy Vegan dinner!!!
These Beans are very versatile and they also freeze very well, ready for another “TexMex” Night.