VEGETARIAN CHILLI BOWL
A super tasty and easy Vegetarian Chilli recipe which you can use in a Chilli Bowl or a Burrito.
- 1 Onion – diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves – peeled and crushed
- 3 Red Peppers – sliced into strips
- 2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 2 tins of Black Beans – drained and rinsed in cold running water
- 2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons of dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoons of Chilli Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Melt the Coconut Oil in a frypan with a lid and saute the Onion until it is soft. Add the Crushed Garlic and saute again for a minute or two.
Add the Pepper strips and the Vegetable Stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the Chopped Tomatoes, Black Beans, Tomato Paste, Bay Leaves, Ground Cumin, Paprika, Dried Oregano, Dried Thyme, Chilli Powder and some Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
Bring to a simmer and let it cook for 15 minutes until it is nice and thick and saucy. Depending how juicy your tomatoes were you might need to put on the lid to almost fully cover the frypan so it does not evaporate too quickly. You want to end up with a lovely thick and juicy consistency. Not too wet but not too dry either.
I served this with Salsa, Guacamole, Brown Rice and Shredded Lettuce.
The left overs I portioned and froze for future school lunches !