VEGAN BANANA BREAD
This Banana Bread is the nicest Vegan Banana Bread I have tried so far. It is incredibly moist and tasty. I used the recipe from the book Mildreds Vegan Cookbook but changed it to make it Gluten Free by using Doves Gluten Free Flour. It worked perfectly, although took maybe an extra 10 minutes cooking time (my timer malfunctioned halfway through, so I had to guess).
- 160 g soft light brown Sugar
- 80 g Coconut Oil – melted
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Grated Zest and Juice of one Orange
- 350 g Mashed Ripe Bananas (roughly 4 bananas)
- 180 g Plain Flour (I used Gluten Free)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbinate of Soda
- 70 g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 1 litre loaf tin with baking paper.
Beat the Brown Sugar, melted Coconut Oil, Maple Syrup and Orange Zest and Juice together in a large bowl with a balloon whisk, until well combined.
Add the mashed Banana and beat again for a few minutes.
Mix all the dry ingredients together with a balloon whisk until combined.
Fold the dry ingredients into the Banana mixture.
Place the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
This banana bread keeps up to 3 days, and on the third day is good toasted – if it lasts that long !!!