SALMON RICE PAPER ROLLS
We all love these Salmon Rice Paper Rolls for a quick and easy dinner.
The fiddly bit is soaking the Rice Paper Sheets, but i just have a bowl of warm water on the table and soak them one at a time and hand them around.
- Organic Salmon Fillets
- Carrots – cut into fine batons
- Cucumber – seeded and cut into fine batons
- Spring Onions – cut into fine slices
- Big bunch Coriander Leaves
- Pine Nuts – toasted (usually I use peanuts, but I did not have any so I used pine nuts instead, and they worked really well)
- Rice Paper Sheets
- 1 fresh Red Chilli
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Water
- 3 tablespoons of Fish Sauce
- Sriracha sauce as an optional extra!
Make your sauce. Put the Red Chilli, Garlic, Palm Sugar, Rice Vinegar, Water and Fish Sauce into a blender or Nutribullet and whizz until thoroughly mixed.
Cook the Salmon Fillets in the grill until they are nicely brown on top. You don’t need to turn them over, in a hot grill, by the time they are nicely browned on top, they will be perfectly cooked in the middle. Once cooked you can break them up into big flakes of Fish.
Whilst the Salmon is cooking prepare your vegetable accompaniments.
As per the instructions on the packet, soak the Rice Paper Sheets until soft and pliable.
Place the Rice Paper Sheet on a plate, add some Corriander Leaves, Carrot Batons, Cucumber Batons, Sliced Spring Onions, Toasted Pine Nuts and the Grilled Salmon flakes to the middle and then roll it up like a parcel.
Serve with the Dipping Sauce and the Sriracha Sauce if you wish. Delicious !!!