CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH GINGER AND SESAME DRESSING
I had left over Roast Chicken and Chicken Stock made from the roast Chicken bones and vegetables, so thought I would make this Chicken Noodle Soup with a delicious Ginger and Sesame Dressing. This served 4 of us! It is very easy and quick to prepare. If you use Tamari instead of Soy Sauce it is Gluten Free.
- Left over Roast Chicken, finely sliced
- 1 packet of Rice Noodles – cooked as per the packet instructions.
- 1 1/2 litres of Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons of Sesame Seeds – toasted in a frypan
- 1 bunch of Spring Onions – finely sliced
- 2 Red Chillis – finely sliced
- Large bunch of Coriander Leaves – taken off the stem
The Ginger and Sesame Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce (I used Tamari which is Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 2 inch knob of Ginger – peeled and finely grated
- 3 Spring Onions – finely sliced
Combine all the Dressing ingredients and mix well.
Heat the Chicken Stock in a large saucepan, and add in the chopped Chicken. Let it simmer away for a couple of minutes to heat the chicken through.
Add the cooked Noodles to the Chicken Stock and stir around to heat through. (Generally the packet instructions tell you to refresh the Noodles in cold water till you need them. But if you just add them to the bowl directly it will make your soup cold, so I reheat them gently in the stock).
Divide the Soup and Noodles between your bowls and top with the Ginger and Sesame Oil dressing.
Add the toasted Sesame Seeds, Red Chilli, Spring Onion and the Coriander Leaves to each bowl and serve !!!
This recipe is based on a Chicken Noodle Bowl recipe from Donna Hay’s Basics to Brilliance cookbook. A great cookbook to have on your shelf !!!