AUBERGINE AND LENTIL “MEATBALL” PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE
I made these “Meatballs” for dinner and they were very tasty. Vegan, Dairy and Gluten Free and using cupboard ingredients so they are very quick and easy to make. I used the “Meatball” recipe from the Speedy Bosh cookbook. The Tomato Sauce I had in the freezer, as I had made it from my tomatoes from my polytunnel (See my post for Roast Tomato Sauce) and I used Brown Rice Pasta which I really like. I love the two Bosh cookbooks I have, the recipes are easy enough to do for weeknight dinners, are very tasty!!!
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes plus 2 Tablespoons of oil from the jar
- 1 x 250g pouch of pre cooked Puy Lentils
- 75g gluten free Breadcrumbs
- 50g Pine Nuts
- 10g fresh Mint Leaves
- 10g fresh Parsley
- 4 Tablespoons of Baba Ganoush * (store bought or you can make your own)
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for cooking
* I used this brand of Aubergine Meze and it is really tasty!! It is also delicious just to use as a dip or to spread on some Oat Cakes with the leftover Sundried Tomatoes and some Basil. A quick and tasty lunch or snack.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Put your saucepan of water on to cook your Pasta.
Put all the ingredients (except for the Olive Oil for cooking) into a food processor.
Blitz to a course paste.
Taste and make sure the seasoning is how you like it.
Using your hands, make the mixture into small balls.
Cover each ball with Olive Oil.
Place them on a lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for 14 minutes – after 7 minutes turn them over.
Whilst they are cooking you can cook your Pasta and reheat your Tomato Sauce.
Combine your Pasta with the “Meatballs” and the Tomato Sauce and serve sprinkled with Basil.