A DELICIOUS BOWL OF NOODLES , TOFU AND VEGETABLES
These Noodles are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, easy and delicious.
This recipe I got from the Bosh Healthy Vegan cookbook, but again changed it slightly for our taste.
Here is how I made it.
- 280 g Firm Tofu – press using a Tofu press or place it between a clean tea towel and put a weight on top
- 10 cm piece of Ginger – peeled and cut into fine matchsticks
- 4 Garlic cloves – thinly sliced
- 2 fresh Green Chillies – seeds removed, halved lengthways and sliced thinly
- 10 Spring Onions – thinly sliced
- 400 g Shitake Mushrooms – roughly chopped
- 2 Red Peppers – thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots – peeled and then using the peeler slice it into think ribbons
- 1 packet Soba (gluten free) or Rice Noodles – cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Tamari
- 1 packet Bean Sprouts – rinsed
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- Ground Black Pepper
Heat the rapeseed oil in a wok over a medium heat.
Add the Ginger, Garlic, Chilli and most of the Spring Onions and cook stirring for 1 minute.
Add the Sesame Oil and Maple Syrup and stir again.
Crumble the pressed Tofu into the wok and let it sit so it browns slightly, then stir around for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the Shitake Mushrooms, Red Pepper and Hoisin Sauce and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the Carrot to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
Add the drained Noodles and the Soy Sauce and toss to combine.
Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the Beansprouts and toss again.
Taste and Season to your tastebuds.
Serve the Noodles and Vegetables, garnished with the remaining Spring Onions and the Sesame Seeds.